May 5, 2014

Throwing shade- Black & White

Now I love to wear black especially black on top and bottom. Hmm, love me some black ^_^. Not to mention wearing black AND white. It's such a great pairing. It's often debated as to whether black and white are colours and that they are shades.

In scientific terms, black & white are not colours. White is a mix of all colours as it reflects colour. Light appears colourless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

Black is the absence of all colours in terms of light, when there is no light everything is black. The debate can go on and on. 

By wearing both colours, I'm essentially throwing 'shade'. It's a Southern term that is defined by the Urban Dictionary to throw shade is "to talk trash about a friend or acquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect. When throwing shade it's immediately obvious to on-lookers that the thrower, and not the throwee, is the bitchy, uncool one.
All these Atlanta shows have me picking up the different terminologies.


When I saw this sweater I thought it was co cute- classy yet not stuffy. What I really love about this sweater is that it looks like a jacket. Since I was wearing it to work I thought I would dress it up with some pearls. A girl can never go wrong adding some pearls to finish her outfit. Of course, I had to wear these shoes to jazz up the outfit even more.


Sweater- Forever 21 (US$11.99, sale)
Top- Danice (US$3)
Pants- Gap (US$25)
Shoes- Bandolino (gift)
Pearls- Ronz Jewellery (handmade)
Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment