May 21, 2014

Kentucky Derby May 2014

I know the Kentucky Derby is about an actual horse race but I don't even know who wins or anything. I just love the fashion, in particular the hats. 

Some women go all out and wear very interesting hats. Its like the royal wedding where hat designers were given some much deserved recognition. The ladies also tend to dress more conservative, classic and demure but never forgetting to serve some fierce fashion making the hat the focal point.  

I find myself doing research about events such as these, where I didn't even know why they were being held, but knew that celebrities & fashionistas were out on display. 

The Kentucky Derby is a yearly event, since 1875, where three year old thoroughbred horses run in a Grade I stakes race. The race is often known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports" as well as "The Run for the Roses". The winner is usually draped in a blanket of roses. This year's winner was California Chrome. Congratulations!






















Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment