May 28, 2013

Hooker heels- make it stop!!!!!

On E!'s "Fashion Police", one of my fave shows- it's the perfect mix of comedy, fashion & celebrities, there's a segment called "Got to have it, make it stop". What they do is each member of the panel votes on a trend as to whether they got to have it or they want it to stop. 

I recently went to a staff meeting at work and realized that a few of the ladies had on sky high, platform, 'hooker-like' shoes. My first thought was "how do they walk in those? clearly they don't walk around a lot". So it got me thinking, I hate the sky high platform shoes as a lot of people don't know how to walk in them for one and also I walk around a lot at work and can't have on these sky high shoes as it's juts plain uncomfortable and I move slower because I can't walk fast in them. 

 


One of the ladies had on one that really looked like hooker heels and I'm sorry I just don't think these types of shoes are appropriate for work. MAKE IT STOP!!!!. 

I can't wait for the trend to be over but it just seems to be getting worse. Now I'm short (all of 5 feet 3 3/4 inches, yes the 3/4 counts :p) and I can appreciate a nice heeled shoe as it add inches to my short stature and also it makes my calves/legs look sexier. 

I've browsed countless sites and I see shoes I love but the heel is too high. Too many shoes are above 4 inches, and I can barely wear 4 inches either. I've bought a few online and when I get them and wear them, they are so uncomfortable that I barely wear them- now what's the point in that. Now I've resolved to only buying shoes over 3.5 inches if I can try them on, it's the angle of the heel to the front of the shoe that counts. This limits me to only when I travel to the USA but maybe it's a blessing in disguise as I have soooo many shoes as it is..... well maybe not. LOL.

Take these Guess shoes, the heel height is about 4 inches and I thought OMG these are going to be uncomfortable but I tried them on and they were comfortable. 




Co-worker's shoe, I think it's 5 inches with a 1 inch platform




People say these sky high heels are comfortable because of the platform but even then it's just too much. I have 2 pairs of these shoes and that's 2 too many. 

Conclusion: MAKE IT STOP!!!!
XOXO
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment