March 22, 2014

Handsfree conversations while driving

I normally connect my phone to the car's radio to listen to my music. I never thought I could use it to have conversations hands-free. 


One day I had a light bulb moment and wondered if I'd be able to hear the person & if they would hear me if I connected my phone to the car during a call. It worked! I don't drive a fancy car where the phone can be connected to the car nor answers the phone with the touch of a button on the steering wheel.



Here's how it works. I have a radio with AUX input. I use my AUX cable and put one end in my phone & the other in the AUX port. While the call is in progress I select "headset". I have a Blackberry phone so that's what comes up. 



It isn't completely hands-free where it will answer the call for you, but you should safely answer the call and select "headset". 

Please don't do this while driving and take your eyes off the road. Come to a complete stop or pull over if you have to. I sometimes connect my phone as soon as I get in the car in case someone calls & I don't have to be scrambling to find the AUX cable and to connect the phone. Also please exercise caution while having a conversation on the phone and driving. Doing this reduces our focus on the road especially if multitasking is not your forte. 

Basically once your phone has a port where the AUX cable can fit, it should work. AUX cables are quite inexpensive, it cost me about J$150 (US$1.36). You can borrow one and test it to see if it works before purchasing one. 

Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment