June 2, 2014

Tweed to meet you............

A tweed jacket is one of those classic and timeless fashion pieces that can stand the test of time. Very much like pearls. They can be worn by younger and older women. In fact this is my mother's jacket. 

Tweed is a rough, unfinished woollen fabric, of a soft, open, flexible texture, resembling cheviot or homespun, but more closely woven. It is made in either plain or twill weave and may have a check or herringbone pattern. Subdued, interesting colour effects (heather mixtures) are obtained by twisting together differently coloured woollen strands into a two- or three-ply yarn. (Source: Wikipedia).

If you remember also the story with these shoes from a previous post, they work well with this ensemble. This jacket actually has several colours in it including pink, orange and dark blue.

One has to be careful wearing tweed though. It is a relatively bulky fabric so be sure that it fits. I had to pay my seamstress a visit to make sure this jacket fit me properly. With my larger chest, it had to fit because it made my chest look larger. God knows I don't need that as they are large as it is. 

Jacket- Mommy's
Pants- Mommy's
Shoes- Nine West (US$40)


Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment