February 19, 2014

Pop of orange

First, let me apologize for the resolution of this picture. I had someone take it with my phone. I've gotten a new camera and took this picture before that. 

I wanted to add a bit of colour to this outfit and decided to wear these shoes with it. The heel is orange. 

I didn't buy these shoes this way. The heel was the same colour as the rest of the shoe. I adopted a dog in December 2012, Chucky, and he was 1 1/2 years old so he was the way he was. I had worn the shoes and took them off after I came home from work. I went out of the room and when I came back in the room to put the shoes in my closet, I only saw one pair. I looked around the house only to find Chucky with the shoe in his mouth. I was sooooo mad, these are my shoes- hello!. He had chewed through the heel and it was in such a bad state. I took the shoe to a shoe repair store and asked if they could fix it. The lady said she could wrap the heel but she didn't have any brown patent leather to use. She suggested using a different colour. I was so distraught over the shoe that I didn't want to hear that she couldn't wrap it so that it would be as it was originally. She went into the back and brought out the swatches of leather she had. I then began to see what she was talking about. She had red, orange and brown & chose the orange. What I thought was a disaster turned out to be a great way to reinvent a shoe. ^_^. I wore orange earrings as well to tie in the orange in the shoe.



Jacket- Marshalls (US$20)
Skirt- Old
Shoes- Nine West
Closer view of the shoes :)
Closer view of the earrings I wore

Suffice to say I started putting away my shoes in the closet as I got home to avoid this situation with Chucky again. This was the second shoe he had bitten up.


Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment