June 27, 2014

Green & Navy Blue stripes

For those of us that live in Jamaica, green and navy blue are Calabar High School colours. My boss gives me a hard time when I wear this sweater because he is a Kingston College (KC)alumni; and purple & white are their colours. There is such intense rivalry between Calabar, KC and JC (Jamaica College) at track & field and other events. 

I am a  KC fan myself as my father went to KC. Anyhow I was a boy, I would have gone to KC. A lot of people think the way KC old boys are, is cult like. 

When my dad died, I made sure to pay homage to his high school. I requested persons to wear purple and white to the funeral; there was a purple and white casket, he wore his KC tie and wrist band - purple and white everywhere. Sigh, miss my dad. His name was Ronald, hence my name Ronalda. I wasn't named after the Brazilian footballer as sooooo many people say. 

Sweater- Gap (sale, US$13)
Skirt- old
Shoes- Guess (old)
Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment