September 3, 2014

~ * In the Kitchen with Ronnie * ~ - Cornstarch as DIY face powder

Given the title of this post, you may have thought I was going to share a recipe for something yummy to eat. This is ~ * In the Kitchen with Ronz * ~ with a little twist. 

I'm a frugal person and enjoy finding cheaper ways to do every day things. What I save, I can invest. Not to mention I get a rush from saving money and getting a bargain- score!. 

I came across this some time ago from a blog I used to subscribe to. My nose gets shiny throughout the day- call me Rudolph. I would 'powder my nose' with loose face powder or use oil control blotting sheets daily or sometimes even several times a day. 

An alternative is to use cornstarch. Yes, cornstarch. The kitchen is like a gold mine for beauty products and treatments. See one of my previous posts on a face mask

I just used an old Bare Minerals container and a brush I had. I sprinkle a little of the cornstarch and brush it over my nose and sometimes the rest of my face. It's best to start with a little and then add if it's not enough. You don't want to walk around with a white nose or face. 

You can also add cinnamon or some cocoa powder if you wish to add some colour to the mix.

A box of cornstarch costs less than loose powder or oil control blotting sheets. 

Every little saving counts! 



Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment