November 12, 2014

~* Island Frugalista*~ find: Ebates

If you follow my blog, you would know that I'm all for saving more and maximizing money actually spent. 

My friend Kim actually told me about this website. I had seen the ads on TV but didn't actually sign up until she told me she had used it herself. Funny thing about referrals, they can be more effective than advertisements that companies spend so much money on. It is very important to have a happy customer as they are THE best ad. 



You get cash back at any of 1,700 stores any time you start your shopping trip at Ebates.com. There are no points to redeem, no forms to mail in, and no fees.

I've used the site myself. I don't do a lot of shopping from some of the stores featured and sometimes I actually forget to go through Ebates.com- literally money wasted. It felt great thought to get a check, albeit a very small one, for purchasing a tablet for my sister last year.

Here's how it works & some tips:

  •  You log on to www.ebates.com and sign up for a free account. 
  • When you want to purchase something online, go to www.ebates.com, search for the store you are going to buy from and select it. It will take you to the store but it will note that you went to the store through Ebates and if you would be eligible for cash back
  • Ensure however that you check what exactly at that particular store the cash back offer is on. Sometimes it's specific items or departments that the cash back is offered on. The criteria also changes from time to time so make sure to check- the % cash back & also the items/departments
  • If you make a purchase and forgot to go through www.ebates.com you can contact them to send them your receipt. Do this as quickly as possible.
  • You can sign up to get email notifications to stay on top of the offers and changes
  • You can also earn money from referrals (the Tell-A-Friend tab)
Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment