August 21, 2013

Fuschia- the new pink!

I'm not a girly girl, in the sense that I love the colour pink. That may be hard to believe but I actually don't as during puberty I was a tom boy.

When I saw this sweater though, I loved how rich the colour was. I also liked that it wasn't pastel pink- way too girly (LOL it's still pink!). 

I started with the shoes when putting together this ensemble . Now these are statement shoes- colour blocked. So I paired them with my grey pants and wanted it to be a bit monochromatic and chose this grey top. I had the green statement necklace and I thought perfect as it wasn't the exact shade as the shoe. The whole thing was too matchy matchy with the shoes though. I decided I needed another colour- a contrasting colour. 

It's funny sometimes how you can make what you already have in your wardrobe, how a new outfit can be created & how everything just comes together. My guide when accessorizing or picking my outfits is to have at least 3 colours. 


Sweater- Gap Outlet (US$13, sale)
Pants- Charlotte Russe (US$10, sale)
Shoes- Calvin Klein (US$50, TJ Maxx)

Close up of the shoes


Xoxo
Ronz

No comments:

Post a Comment