September 24, 2013

Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week Sept 5-12 2013


Donna Karan New York, Carolina Herrara, Naeem Khan, Badgley Mischka,Jason Wu, Oscar de la Renta, Calvin Klein Collection, Michael Kors, Rodarte, Vera Wang..... I could go on and on and on..... and on. ^_^. It's not just about labels but about artistry, dictating fashion trends, celebrities, buyers and so much more. 

It's my dream to go to NY Fashion Week but it's not as simple as buying a ticket and going but as God as my witness, one day I'll get there. I was in New York on September 8 and boarded my ship for my cruise in Manhattan. As I drove to the pier, I thought "I'm so close, yet so far". Sigh..... one day. 

This is like Fashion Mecca. It's the culmination of a lot of work, some times years, in a show that lasts maybe 30 minutes. I truly respect the industry- the business of it but especially the artistry, the art. 

It is the designers and what they show each year, as well as what the fashion editors & publications such as Vogue (let's pause to show some reverence) that will say what's hot and what the trend is for the season. 


Jason Wu

Oscar de la Renta
Rodarte

DKNY

Ralph Lauren

Sass & Bide
Michael Kors

Carolina Herrera

Diane Von Furstenburg

Reem Acra

No comments:

Post a Comment